I learned that I had a severe allergy to Latex when I was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer in 2009. Due to all the latex still being used in the hospitals, and the use of it on me, I almost died. My breathing stopped, I turned bright red all over with itchy hives, went into a coma and all my organs started to close down. It turned out that one of chemo drugs I was getting had a latex bottle stopper and I was getting latex with every I.V. My treatment went through 2010 but once we discovered it was the latex stopper, it got preventable.